All Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group (APPCMG) CO Campaign Underway
The All Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group (APPCMG) is again encouraging consumers to remain safe this summer.
Group member UKLPG will be reminding consumers to use lp gas camping equipment safely and responsibly. The message will be complemented by a national Gas Safe Register campaign to help holidaymakers in the UK stay safe from the dangers of carbon monoxide.
The key tips to stay safe when using lpg gas camping equipment are:
· Check that the appliance is in good order, undamaged and that hoses are properly attached and undamaged. If in doubt, get hoses replaced or don’t use the appliance.
· Make sure lp gas taps are turned off before changing the lpg cylinder and do it in the open air.
· Don’t over-tighten joints.
· Turn off the lpg cylinder before you turn off controls – this means any lp gas in the hose and pipeline will be used up.
· Read the manufacturer’s instructions about how to check for gas escapes from hoses or pipework, e.g. brushing leak detection solution around joints and looking for bubbles.